In the fast-paced world of technology, forgetting your WiFi password is a common occurrence. While the WiFi password may not be something you use every day, the inconvenience arises when you need it, especially during device formatting or setting up a new device. In this article, we explore tricks to retrieve WiFi passwords, helping you navigate through the complexities of connectivity.
Retrieving WiFi Passwords on Android Devices:
Unlocking the WiFi password on your Android mobile device is a straightforward process. Follow these steps to easily retrieve it:
- Navigate to your phone’s settings and click on the WiFi option.
- Select the connected WiFi network, and access its settings.
- Choose the option to share WiFi or find a QR code option, depending on your device.
- Click on the QR code, and beneath it, you’ll find the WiFi password displayed.
Note: Some companies, including Samsung and Xiaomi, have removed the QR code option. In such cases, you can use Google Lens to scan and retrieve the WiFi password.
Retrieving WiFi Passwords on iPhones:
If you’re an iPhone user, follow these steps to find your WiFi password:
- Open the Settings app and tap on WiFi.
- Locate the WiFi network you are currently using.
- Tap on the information icon and then tap on the password field.
- Use your passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID to unlock the password.
Retrieving WiFi Passwords on Windows Computers/Laptops:
Retrieving WiFi passwords on Windows computers is a simple process using CMD commands. No additional software installation is required. Follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt on your Windows computer (you can use the shortcut Windows + R and type CMD).
- Type or copy-paste “netsh wlan show profile” to display all connected WiFi networks.
- To reveal the password for a specific WiFi network, type “NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILE ABC KEY=CLEAR” in the Command Prompt (replace ABC with the network name).
Retrieving WiFi Passwords on MacBooks:
For MacBook users, retrieving WiFi passwords is a hassle-free process:
- Go to the WiFi settings.
- Click on the three dots next to the selected network.
- Choose the “Copy Password” option and paste it into a notepad to view your WiFi password.
Yes, WiFi Password Viewer is an app that allows you to view passwords for WiFi networks you’ve previously connected to.
A WiFi connector is a wireless connection device that enables you to access WiFi networks, allowing your device to connect to the internet without physical cables.
In conclusion, whether you’re using an Android, iPhone, Windows computer, or MacBook, there are simple ways to retrieve your WiFi password. By following these steps, you can avoid the frustration of forgetting your WiFi password and ensure seamless connectivity for all your devices. This information is for educational purposes only.